The carbon components used in Waterdrop filters could contribute to the reduction of chlorine taste and odor while retaining minerals beneficial to health.
With an NSF certified water filter, you can rest assured that you are getting only the best of the best. These water filters are put through rigorous testing to ensure that only the purest, freshest water.
Unique, premium coconut carbon block gives you fresh water and leaves beneficial minerals which may be beneficial to health.
Every time you purchase a Waterdrop filter, you’ll provide a child with One Day supply of clean water. Starting March 22. 2017, Waterdrop will donate part of profit from every purchased filter to help build water projects and sanitation facilities.
|Used In Brands||Samsung|
|Primary Filter Media||Activated Carbon Block|
|Filter Life (gallons)||300|
|Filter Life (liters)||1,137|
|Filter Life (months)||6 months|
|Micron Rating (Nominal)||0.5|
|Operating Pressure (psi)||30 - 100|
|Operating Temperature (°F)||33 - 100|
|Operating Temperature (°C)||0.6 - 38|
|Flow Rate (gpm)||0.5|
|Flow Rate (lpm)||1.9|
|Certifications||Filter cartridge has been Tested and Certified by NSF International against NSF/ANSI 42 for materials and structural integrity requirements|
|Warranty Guarantee||Unconditional Product Guarantee for Life of the Product|
1. Locate existing filter and remove it by turning it counter clockwise.
2. Holding new filter in your hands, carefully remove packaging and sanitary end-cap from the new filter.
3. Insert the new filter into the refrigerator filter receptacle. Rotate the filter clockwise. Ensure filter is fully installed in refrigerator head a full 1/4 turn. This is required to
activate the internal valve inside the refrigerator. If the filter is not turned a ful 1/4 turn the valve will not fully open and may cause the water flow to be slow, or even
cause the valve to make a chattering noise during use.
4. Dispense water into a glass looking for good water flow. If flow is slow, remove and reinstall filter ensuring that the filter is turned a full 1/4 turn.
NOTE: Initial flow rate may be slower lhan expected. Full flow rale should be restored within 24-36 hours
5. Check filter one more time for any leaks.
6. Reset the filter replacement indicator light by holding down the Alarm (or Energy Saver) button for 3 seconds, or refer to your refrigerator owners manual.
7. Run water from the dispenser for 5 minutes at .5 gpm (about 2.5 gallons) to clear the system and prevent sputtering.
- Excellent alternative
- By Chris on 8/27/2017
This was my first replacement since purchasing the refrigerator, and I suffered some sticker shock when seeing the price for the Samsung branded filter. I decided to try this one out since the reviews were good.
Installation was quick and easy! I did turn the water supply off, per the directions from the manual, and removing and replacing was an easy task. Where I was most impressed was the amount of water needed for flushing the system. When I first purchased the refrigerator it took a lot of water to get it going, and before the water ran clear; whereas this was only took around the suggested gallon of water to clear the line.
I've had it installed for a few weeks now, and so far I'm noticing a good amount of flow (if not better than previously) and the water/ice is clean as a whistle. Going forward I will definitely continue purchasing these for my Samsung refrigerator.