The carbon components used in Waterdrop filters could contribute to the reduction of chlorine taste and odor while retaining minerals beneficial to health.
With an NSF certified water filter, you can rest assured that you are getting only the best of the best. These water filters are put through rigorous testing to ensure that only the purest, freshest water.
Unique, premium coconut carbon block gives you fresh water and leaves beneficial minerals which may be beneficial to health.
Every time you purchase a Waterdrop filter, you’ll provide a child with One Day supply of clean water. Starting March 22. 2017, Waterdrop will donate part of profit from every purchased filter to help build water projects and sanitation facilities.
|Used In Brands||Maytag /KitchenAid / Kenmore|
|Primary Filter Media||Activated Carbon Block|
|Filter Life (gallons)||750|
|Filter Life (liters)||2,839|
|Filter Life (months)||6 months|
|Micron Rating (Nominal)||0.5|
|Operating Pressure (psi)||30 - 100|
|Operating Temperature (°F)||33 - 100|
|Operating Temperature (°C)||0.6 - 38|
|Flow Rate (gpm)||0.5|
|Flow Rate (lpm)||1.9|
|Certifications||Filter cartridge has been Tested and Certified by NSF International against NSF/ANSI 42 for materials and structural integrity requirements|
|Warranty Guarantee||Unconditional Product Guarantee for Life of the Product|
1. Locate existing filter and remove it by turning it counter clockwise as shown in the graphic.
2. Holding new filter in your hands, carefully remove the packaging and sanitary end-cap from the new filter.
3. Apply slight upward pressure and rotate the filter clockwise. Ensure filter is fuly installed in refrigerator head a full 1/4 turn. This is required to activate the internal valve inside the refrigerator. If the filter is not turned a full 1/4 turn the valve will not fully open and may cause the water flow to be slow, or even cause the valve to make a chattering noise during use.
4. Dispense water into glass looking for good water flow. If flow is slow, remove and reinstall filter ensuring that the filter is a full 1/4 turn.
NOTE: Initial (low rale may be slower than expected, Full flow rate should be restored within 24-36 hours.
5. Check filter one more time for any leaks.
6. Run water from the dispenser for 5 minutes at .5 gpm (about 2.5 gallons) to clear the system and prevent sputtering.
- but no leaking and water pressure is great!
- By Lisa Plumb on 12/23/2017
- Seems to work as described. Have only had installed for a week, but no leaking and water pressure is great!
- Worth it!
- By mary3323 on 12/6/2017
- Wow! Perfect fit and great tasting water. So far I am impressed!!
- By Sharen F. on 12/4/2017
- It's working. I was amazed at how much the water flow increased when I changed the filter. I waited a 1 1/2 years because I have a reverse osmosis so thought the filter really couldn't be getting that dirty. Wrong!
- Do the job
- By Ivan R. on 11/18/2017
So far works good.
Water taste good. Why to pay more for real OEM filters... they all have same filling inside !!!!
And it's a good company who specialized on filters. High quality! !!! Will buy from them again! !!!
- Happy, Happy!!! Joy, Joy!!!
- By Doc-to-be on 11/13/2017
- Bought this for my mom's refrigerator. She has been using without the filter for some time. I was a bit skeptical due to the low price, but once installed in her fridge and tasted the water, no more skeptic here! I will be back to purchase more when it comes time to change this Waterdrop filter!
- Good filters
- By Jeff K. on 11/7/2017
- Good water filters. Had a bit of a weird taste for the first few days, even after flushing several gallons of water through them, but the taste subsided within the first week. No leaks; fits my Whirlpool refrigerator perfectly.
- Great price
- By Kara Barnett on 10/30/2017
- This filter fits our whirlpool refrigerator and it was such a great price. I will definitly buy this brand again!
- Top Notch
- By Eric Castiglia on 10/27/2017
- Works as well as the $45 unit sold at Lowes. Easy to install, takes a half minute. Pleased.
- A perfect fit for my fridge
- By C Conway on 10/8/2017
- A perfect fit for my fridge. No leaking and great taste. On our 2nd month now with no problems and no change in quality so far. Abslolutely will purchase again!!
- Does the trick and lasts
- By Rich on 9/26/2017
- Great price and I think the quality of the filtered water is great. Seems to hold up over time, too.
- This a great water filter to replace the PUR that is no longer available
- By AvidShopper on 9/22/2017
- I was very pleased with this new water filter for my KitchenAid refrigerator. It is the perfect replacement for the PUR filter that is no longer available. The price was right, replacing the old filter was very easy to do. The filtered water & ice cubes have a nice fresh taste. I have already put in an order for a spare to keep in my kitchen drawer.
- Just right
- By Michele T Castle on 9/22/2017
- Works perfectly
- Five Stars
- By Stub on 9/17/2017
- Very fast delivery with product being easy to install and works as it should.
- Wonderful product
- By Patricia Marsh on 9/8/2017
- Wonder customer service from this company and product is at a great price. I would recommend this filter. Since buying our fridge a few years ago we have used this water drop filter. this filter does such a good job of making our ice and water taste so good
- Fits, works, cleans water - it's what you're looking for!
- By KindaPicky on 9/7/2017
- For just a few bucks, I was able to replace the filter in the fridge of the home I just bought. Who knows how long that thing had been in there? Anyway, without much trouble, my water went from brackish to appropriately taste-free, and at one-fifth the cost of the name-brand. This fit perfectly in my Maytag refrigerator.
- Good filter.
- By Wacio on 8/27/2017
- I cant verify effectiveness of the filtration quality but from my observation no funny smell and taste in the water. No leaks.
- Five Stars
- By Devyn on 8/17/2017
- Fits great
- Great Filter
- By mtamez720 on 8/12/2017
- We had put off changing our water filter on our Maytag refrigerator for too long and didn't realize just how much build up must have been in it because as soon as we put in the new filter the water pressure increased tremendously. The water tastes better as well. It was so easy to change out and such a great price. My only regret is not having bought this filter long before!
- Excellent replacement filter!
- By pacergirl on 7/26/2017
- Filter was as described. It fit easily into the compartment. Initially the water coming out was gray but it cleared after several times of getting water out of it. Water now is very clear and clean. I would definitely buy again as it is less than half the price of retail at the big box stores.
- Great pressure and taste!
- By KidChap on 7/21/2017
- Happy so far so good! Great pressure, good taste, will order again, thank you Waterdrop!!
- My water tastes noticeably better now.
- By Linda on 6/22/2017
- Works with my Kitchenaid refrigerator. I appreciated that I didn't have to soak the filter before using it. My water tastes noticeably better now.
- 000% better than drinking the tap water here
- By just bought this on 6/17/2017
Before changing the filter, we put aside a glass of water dispensed through the old filter. I then ran about three gallons of water through the Waterdrop filter. In a side by side taste comparison, the taste doesn't seem as clean as the ANSI 53 rated filter, but it's still 1,000% better than drinking the tap water here.
Of course, my wife thinks I'm crazy, and that there is no difference in taste, but she also thinks that soda made with sugar tastes the same as soda made with corn syrup. Pff...
- Our water authority supplies very good water.
- By Thomas W Pendleton on 6/11/2017
I replace my Maytag Frig (MFD2561HES) water filter based on the Frig's filter replace light (360 days).
At the one year mark, the Frig's electronics indicate that I have used about 25% of the 750 gallons that the Frig is programmed to expect. I have not had any problem with ice or cold water quality. Our water authority supplies very good water.
- starsNice economical Water Filter
- By MJH@62 on 6/7/2017
- Great price and so far works well on our Whirlpool refrigerator. I had purchased more expensive units at Sears and this seems to work as well at 1/2 the price.
- Worked perfect
- By Cookies6299 on 6/7/2017
- We were long overdue to change our water filter and finally sat down to find one that would work. We had previously ordered from amazon but the one we had ordered before was no longer in stock. Came across this one and checked to make sure it would work and it did. Received it in fairly quick and changed out the filter and it worked like a charm. Price was great to. Would definitely order again when the time comes.
- Good product
- By Greg H Diffley on 6/4/2017
- I am very happy with these refills for my whirlpool refrigerator. They seem to last almost 2x longer than what whirlpool refers you to purchase for a refill. Have purchased 3 times and will purchase again.
- Great purchase. Perfect fit.
- By CinInSC on 5/24/2017
- Perfect price, speedy delivery. Definitely perfect fit...for our Amana French Door Fridge!
- Good Filter
- By Barry on 5/15/2017
- Inexpensive. Good water pressure. Water tastes great. I will buy again.
- good cheap alternative
- By Id on 5/9/2017
- Seems to be doing its job. I replaced it and just like any other filter, I had to run a couple of glasses of water through the filter to clear it. Once that's done, water flow is very good, much stronger than previous filter. I do not have a PH meter but I do have a sensitive taste, and the water tastes the same as the original filter.
- I'm very satisfied.
- By Michael J. Porter MD on 5/9/2017
- Much easier to insert than previous models we have used. I'm very satisfied.
- Great water filter.
- By Johnathan Schmeelk on 5/7/2017
- We hadn't changed the filter in our fridge since we moved in and the water flow had become a trickle. With the new filter the water tastes great and we can fill a glass in just a few seconds, just like new!
- Even better than new at a fraction of the cost
- By LDP on 4/17/2017
Works just like the more expensive options, same clean clear water at a fraction of the cost.
There is absolutely no reason to get any thing else. Tested with my water tester and although not as clean as the RO filter at the sink it is far better than the tap water and every bit as good as the filter that cost nearly 5 times as much when I last replaced. I am going to put this on a subscription plan so I need not worry about having a fresh replacement when I need it.
- Works great. Our water was flowing very slowly
- By b s on 3/28/2017
- Works great. Our water was flowing very slowly. After we put this new filter in the water flow was back to normal. The water tastes great too.
- Great filter
- By Bosox4776 on 3/21/2017
- Awesome filters for the money. Water tastes great. Usually have to pay $25-30 per filter. Very happy with this product.
- No leaks, good price
- By J on 3/17/2017
- Fit our fridge perfectly with no leaks. The water tastes fine. The replacement filter at HH Gregg was nearly $50. Good product at a good price.
- Good value
- By Chinook6 on 3/5/2017
- Item arrived very quickly and works zas discribed.
- Price is great
- By wbrandon on 2/21/2017
Works great. Easy to install. My water is running twice as fast and ice cubes is back to normal size.
- Fantastic Filter
- By Gigi on 2/15/2017
- I've used the brand filters and the big box store filters but this filter is much less and does not slow down the water flow.
- Product was competitively priced, installed easily without problems
- By D. Martin on 2/8/2017
- product was competitively priced, arrived quickly with no problems hooking up or working without problems.
- A recommended product
- By perfect5th on 1/30/2017
- This product fits and works perfectly as expected. Definitely a must have for keeping you drinking water tasting great.
- Good price, good filter
- By Palomine on 1/22/2017
- Good replacement filter for our Kitchen Aid frig.
- Easy install water filter.
- By Kenneth West on 1/18/2017
- Perfect fit for my Whirlpool refrigerator. Easy to install. Just follow the instructions and allow water to run through it to clear the excess charcoal.
- AS ADVERTISED !!
- By Barb on 1/12/2017
- Usually went to brick and mortar store to purchase our replacement filter for our Kitchenaid frig. I convinced my husband this one was an exact replacement and would fit. Well, it arrived quickly and it was exactly as advertised .... an exact replacement -- it is on the job filtering our water !!